35 year reunion of a band formed to prove we can sing…but…can’t dance.
10 foods not to eat
Michelle wins the best actress award. They tried to cut off her acceptance speech…but…she had something more to say. Good for her. 40 years in the business earns her the right to say anything no matter how long it takes. She is an incredible icon.
LAST FOXY #1 LOOP BEFORE GOING HOME
The last workout before going home on Monday. Had 2 dog walkers slow me down for about 5 minutes. Most of the workout went well. I did feel like I was working harder than usual. Felt a great sense of accomplishment from transitioning in diet based on limited carbs, intermittent fasting and getting 8 hours of sleep. I feel totally energized and ready to go home. Thank you Lord for all your blessings.
First 2023 Double Rainbow
Terry and First Double Rainbow
Chatted with Terry during lunch break. COVID alive and well in his world. Had to replace his staff. They either retired or quit due to the C virus. He looks and sounds great…a true professional who l can call brother. He’s a bit disappointed
2022 in Strava
Back in Hawaii
Did this Loop dedicated to Foxie….who passed last year. I call it Foxie Loop #1. The Loop includes a pretty tough Hill at the end. Foxie got me into shape for me to accomplish this. I miss you Foxie.
January 2, 2023
Went into town for lunch at the busiest Chinese restaurant…Jade Dynasty in Ala Moana. Got there at 1130AM…and a 50 minute wait. Food is excellent. Edwina had the duck and custard. I ordered the salted fish fried rice and salted pork chop.
Tuesday…Jan 3…went to see the big waves at three tables. Had lunch at Sunnyside. Bought stuff at Cosctco which earned this comment….NUTS!!! The place was jammed already by opening at 10AM.
WORDS OF WISDOM
“I asked a friend who has crossed 70 & is heading towards 80 what sort of changes he is feeling in himself. He sent me the following:
1. After loving my parents, my siblings, my spouse, my children and my friends, I have now started loving myself.
2. I have realized that I am not “Atlas”. The world does not rest on my shoulders.
3. I have stopped bargaining with vegetable & fruit vendors. A few pennies more is not going to break me, but it might help the poor fellow save for his daughter’s school fees.
4. I leave my waitress a big tip. The extra money might bring a smile to her face. She is toiling much harder for a living than I am.
5. I stopped telling the elderly that they’ve already told that story many times. The story makes them walk down memory lane & relive their past.
6. I have learned not to correct people even when I know they are wrong. The onus of making everyone perfect is not on me. Peace is more precious than perfection.
7. I give compliments freely & generously. Compliments are a mood enhancer not only for the recipient, but also for me. And a small tip for the recipient of a compliment, never, NEVER turn it down, just say “Thank You.”
8. I have learned not to bother about a crease or a spot on my shirt. Personality speaks louder than appearances.
9. I walk away from people who don’t value me. They might not know my worth, but I do.
10. I remain cool when someone plays dirty to outrun me in the rat race. I am not a rat & neither am I in any race.
11. I am learning not to be embarrassed by my emotions. It’s my emotions that make me human.
12. I have learned that it’s better to drop the ego than to break a relationship. My ego will keep me aloof, whereas with relationships, I will never be alone.
13. I have learned to live each day as if it’s the last. After all, it might be the last.
14. I am doing what makes me happy. I am responsible for my happiness, and I owe it to myself. Happiness is a choice. You can be happy at any time, just choose to be!
Why do we have to wait to be 60 or 70 or 80, why can’t we practice this at any stage and age?”
You must be logged in to post a comment.