We attended Benco’s yearly gathering on dental practice management. This year it was held at the Holiday Inn on Greenwich Road. …2 – 5 PM with dinner following.
Bryan Dodge was the featured speaker. He spoke with lousy sound…to no mike…and finally with a PA system. Give him props for delivering a strong message after overcoming these setbacks. Very entertaining that I purchased a kindle book and am now setting this goal to make entries into my Word Press account.
One of the biggest challenges that we have each day is to FOCUS on the things that you can control.
THE THREE ENEMIES
FIVE KEY QUESTIONS
1. How many books have you read? Average American reads less than one book a year.
2. how many classes have you taken that you wanted to.
3. Do you know your advantage?
5. Truth of Dominishing Intent HOW? WHY?
BE A BETTER YOU
GOALS GET IT DONE!!!
Goals are a responsibility….NOT an option.
No List: A list of things you are going to say no to, so that you can add on to your goal list.
THE POWER OF COACHING UP
The key today is coaching up…instead of managing down.
How do you find good people? You don’t. they find you.
How do you keep good people? Don’t pay them. Money doesn’t produce loyalty.
Being a mentor/coach creates loyalty.
Leadership is less about commanding and more about coaching people to live up to their potential by pulling out all their abilities first.
Help them believe in themselves.
Coaching up is all about inspiring, mobilizing, resourcing and directing our team to focus on a shared vision that will produce positive transformation both at work and at home.
THE FORMULA FOR SUCCESS
48 hours/21 days/1/3
When you wake up get up. get a reading chair 25/15…15 minutes to read 15 pages
BE 4 YOU CAN BE A LEADER
- Be 4 you can lead, you need to learn to desagree without being disagreeable.
- Be 4 you can lead, you must understand no progress is made by being offended.
- be 4 you can lead, you must understand that the relationship is more important than the issues.
- Be 4 you can lead, you must always accept responsibilites for misunderstandings.
- Be 4 you can lead, you must undrstand the power of stopping the talk when someone stops listening.
- Be 4 you can lead, you must learn to ask more questions than you make statements.
- Be 4 you can lead to the next level, you have to lead yourself towards growth and education.
YOUR JOB IS TO PUT PEOPLE IN A POSTIONWHERE THEY WILL SUCCEED…NOT..TO PUT THEM IN A POSITION JUST TO FILL YOUR NEED.
Each person has three emotional needs
1. DEPENDENCE: everybody needs to be a part of something bigger than themselves.
2. INDEPENDENCE: they stand out from the crowd due to their strengths
3. INTERDEPENDENT: to be a part of a team and are happy being a part of the team.
THE THREE LAWS OF COMMUNICATION IN LEADERSHIP
- COMMUNICATE THROUGH LEADERSHIP NEVER AROUND IT.
- COMMUNNICATE THROUGH GOOD RELATIONSHIPS NEVER AROUND IT
- NEVER DO ANYTHING THAT DIVIDES FAMILY BASED ON COMMUNICATION
HOW DO YOU CREATE CHEMISTRY
- Always remember: everyone has great worth. Your job is to bring the best out of good people.
- Visit all the people and assign a name to the day.
- You cannot give people on your team the dignity they deserve, without you believe in them first
- If it’s not fun, it will not last.
- They arfe a part of something more important than themselves.
- Their life is better because they are a part of the team.
- They look forward to work
- Tell the truth sooner and learn to laguh sooner
- They have to learn to give more to get more.
- Harness the true power of mojo.